|Terms and Conditions|
Contract for the Supply of Products or Services
No contract for the supply of products or goods will be deemed to exist between you and ChildReach unless, and until, an email is sent by ChildReach to you confirming that your order has been accepted and payment has been successfully made.
This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by ChildReach of your offer to buy goods or services from ChildReach and this acceptance is effective regardless of whether or not you receive the e-mail.
ChildReach are free to withdraw from a prospective contract at any time prior to acceptance. This also applies in the case of any error or inaccuracy in respect of the goods or services, any description applied to the goods or services, the availability of the goods or services, or the order itself.
Availability of Goods
1. All goods advertised for sale on our site are subject to availability. If an item turns out to be unavailable we will inform you by e-mail or by telephone.
2. We will not charge you for goods that we cannot supply. However we will not be responsible for any damage or losses that you may suffer if we fail to supply goods.
3. We have attempted to display the goods on the site as accurately and fairly as possible but are subject to the available reproduction techniques.
4. ChildReach endeavors to maintain that the prices displayed on our site are correct at the time of display, but we reserve the right to correct any errors that occur until confirmation is sent. We will, of course, contact you before shipping should a price be erroneous on your order. We also reserve the right to alter prices from time to time without notice. When we have accepted an order we will not change the price that applies to that order.
5. We make every effort to maintain prices but these may be subject to variations caused by factors beyond our control.
6. The prices displayed are inclusive of VAT at the current standard rate. VAT is charged on all sales to customers located within the UK or within another member state of the European Community.
7. By placing your order you confirm that you agree to use your correct name, address and date of birth and to supply any other details reasonably requested.
8. We accept payment via Paypal by Visa/MasterCard/Switch/Solo/Maestro or any other credit card they choose to accept. Paypal has an excellent reputation for security and performance, but we cannot accept any responsibility for errors caused through the use of their payment processing.
9. Credit and charge card payments are subject to validation and authorisation by the card issuer and we will not be liable for any non-delivery or delay if a card issuer refuses to authorise payment.
10. You may also pay for goods by sterling cheque drawn on a UK clearing Bank or, for an additional 5% fee (strictly to cover fees and exchange) in euro on another EU Bank. Obviously, this is a much slower method as goods will not be dispatched until the cheque has cleared and we reserve the right to add an administrative charge if the cheque does not have cleared funds at the time of deposit. To order via this method, please email email@example.com for details.
11. Transmission of your debit or credit card number and other details in relation to payment will be at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for failures in transmission of information deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any communications by you.
12. Nothing in these terms and conditions is to be taken to exclude or restrict rights granted to you by law in respect of goods supplied. Some goods may be the subject of additional warranties or guarantees given by the manufacturers direct to you.
13. We do not accept responsibility for damage to goods caused by you.
14. We always strive to buy from reputable suppliers who provide quality products in an environmentally friendly and socially responsible way, but cannot guarantee any aspect of their manufacture or performance. We will not be liable to any person for damage or loss arising from the use of goods advertised on our site. Although many of our products are intended for use with children, some of them are not designed as toys and should not be given to unattended children. We will do our best to inform you of any concerns that could arise, but take no responsibility for misuse or negligent use of our products.
15. Without prejudice to your statutory rights the information contained in this site is provided without warranty and in particular we do not represent or warrant that the information is accurate, complete or current or that the use of this site will be uninterrupted or error free.
16. We will not be responsible for claims relating to the availability of our range, our ecommerce engine, our website, place of purchase or the success or level of sales resulting from these.
Dispatch of Goods
17. We endeavor to despatch goods to the address which you have given us at the time you make your purchase within 7 days subject to availability. ChildReach accepts no responsibility for non-delivered items sent to the address given at order stage. Reshipment for whatever reason will be subject to further shipping charges.
18. We will endeavour to ensure that the goods are delivered by any delivery date estimated by us but we cannot guarantee that goods will be delivered by that date. You agree that we will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or charge incurred because of the late delivery of goods.
19. The risk of damage to the goods passes to you once they are delivered to the address specified in your instructions.
20. If you are not completely satisfied with the quality of your purchase, you can return it within 10 days of despatch in its original unused condition and we will refund the product price or change for another product. We will only accept goods back in "as new" condition, unused, undamaged and in their original packaging. This will not include your postage costs. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. Please note that we cannot accept returned goods that we reasonably believe have been used.
21. In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order, ChildReach shall make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify us of the problem in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 days of despatch of the goods. (please state your Order No.)
22. All returns must be authorised, with a ChildReach Limited returns authorisation number and clearly marked 'returned goods' and received by us within 7 days of giving the Returns Authorisation. Do not return goods without an authorisation and returns number. To receive a returns authorisation number, email your order number, contact details and reason for return to email@example.com and a number will be issued by return email.
23. Any failure by us to enforce any of these terms and conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of those terms and conditions.
24. ChildReach reserves the right to modify these terms at any time without prior notice. Any modification of these terms will be deemed to be effective from the date and time of posting on the childreach.co.uk site.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
26. ChildReach reserve the right to give credit on future orders, but where appropriate refunds will be given and could be given as refunds to credit cards or mailed as stirling cheques.
26. It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught willfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We track the electronic 'fingerprints' of every order placed on childreach.co.uk to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website
27. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. We do not disclose buyers information to third parties. The type of information we will collect about you includes your name, address, phone number, and email address. We do not store or have access to your credit/debit card details. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be the most accurate and up to date we have collected. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. Cookies are used on this site, but only to keep track patterns of behaviour and to maintain the contents of your shopping cart. Data collected by this site is used to: a. Take and fulfill customer orders b. Administer and enhance the site and service c. Disclose (only relevant) information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes