Reading Mastery, with its synthetic phonics approach, helps students develop strategies for reading and understanding.
Reading Mastery will provide high-quality instruction that has:
In Reading Mastery Levels 1, 2 and Fast Cycle, students:
- Proven to reduce the prevalence of reading problems.
- Elevated reading skills of at-risk children well into the average range.
• Use knowledge of letter sounds and patterns to decode and spell words.
• Learn to recognise common irregular words.
• Develop a reading vocabulary of over 1,200 words.
• Respond to questions, follow instructions, make predictions and draw conclusions.
Reading Mastery is designed so that:
- New concepts and skills are taught by the teacher in small steps to ensure success the first time something is presented - thus avoiding time-consuming and repetitious re-teaching.
- Students practice all concepts and skills so that they achieve mastery - a concept unique to Direct Instruction and Reading Mastery. This helps students acquire new information faster and allows them to develop efficient strategies for learning, so they will shine in the classroom.
- There is entry level assessment and continuous monitoring of student progress through frequent, in-programme tests. Assessment is closely linked to instruction so teachers are able to identify quickly students needing specialised instruction.
With Reading Mastery every day is planned, every lesson is prepared and every activity is integrated!
Please note: This item is shipped in from the US and can therefore be subject to lead times of up to 8 weeks. Please email us with any questions.